Devoxx Belgium 2023
The 20th edition will start on Monday October 2nd until Friday the 6th.
We’ll contact all existing sponsors from February 13th 2023 onwards. First signed, first served.
Drop us an email if you want to be included in the sponsor emailing.
Call For Papers
CFP will open in June and run until mid July 2023.
UPDATE: We’ll release two batches of tickets, one on August 16th at 9h00 AM CEST and another on September 4th again at 9h00 am CEST.
- Combi ticket (4,5 days) = 950 Euro *
- Conference ticket (2,5 days) = 600 Euro *
- Deep-Dive ticket (2 days) = 400 Euro *
* + 21% VAT
Kinepolis Antwerp Groenendaallaan 394 2030 Antwerp Belgium Google Map
NOTE : Make sure you use the Business Center entrance and NOT the movie entrance.
The different types of sessions
Speakers receive a 5 days combi pass when one (or more) of the following session types are accepted:
- Conference talks are 50 minutes and take place on Wed/Thu/Fri (*)
- Deep Dive talks are in depth presentations of 3 hours taking place on Mon/Tue (= 75m + 30m break + 75m) (*)
- Tools–in-action are 30 minutes presentations demonstrating a programming tool on Mon/Tue (*)
- Hands-on Labs are 3 hours hands-on sessions on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu – Bring your own portable!
- BOF sessions are 60 minutes long, scheduled in the evening and are informal taking place on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu
A conference or combi pass needs to be purchased by the speaker to present the following sessions:
- Quickies or Byte Size are 15 minutes short presentations during Lunch breaks on Wed. and Thu.
What do I get when purchasing a Deep Dive ticket?
Full access to the first two days (Monday and Tuesday) of Devoxx, which we name the Deep Dive days. These include in depth sessions of 3 hours during the day, 30 min Tools in Action talks in the late afternoon, and in the evening informal BOF sessions. In parallel we’ve also hands on lab sessions taking place. On Tuesday the exhibition hall opens its doors where tech companies from around the world will demo their products, promoting their services etc.
- We serve breakfast from 8h00 onwards, complimentary for all attendees.
- The Deep Dive days starts at 9h30 on Monday and Tuesday morning
- Some Deep Dive sessions have a 30 minutes break depending on speaker
- Lunch during Deep Dive days is from 12h30 until 13h30 in the exhibition area
- The Deep Dive ends on Tuesday evening with BOFs running until 21h30
- The Conference days start on Wednesday morning with keynote at 9h30
- Wednesday evening we’ve a reception with fries and beer
- Thursday evening we’ve a movie from 20h00 until 22h00 in Room 8 (First come, first served)
- The last Conference sessions ends on Friday 12h30
Do I need to register for the sessions?
No, we use the first-come first-served algorithm.
But I see this counter next to the title in the schedule?
That’s just an indication of how many Devoxxians have favourited the talk.
Speakers for Deep Dive, Conference, HandsOn Labs, BOF and Tools in Action sessions receive a free full week “Combi” pass. The lunch talks: 5 min Ignite & 15 min Quickie (Byte Size) speakers need to purchase an entrance ticket.
Pickup your Deep Dive badge on Sunday evening between 17h00 and 18h30 Or on Monday morning from 8h00 onwards Pickup your Conference badge on Tuesday evening between 17h00 and 18h30 Or Wednesday morning from 8h00 onwards IMPORTANT NOTE : badges are strictly personal and can’t be shared. When you “forget your badge” you’ll be asked to go back home and recover it.
The eTickets will get emailed one week before the conference takes place.
Make sure to install our official Devoxx mobile app on Android or iOS. If you’ve favourited talks on our website then make sure to authenticate on the mobile apps using the same email. This will allow you to sync your schedule!
Kinepolis has many hundreds of free parking spaces around the venue which are available all week long. IMPORTANT NOTE : Don’t leave any valuable things (like portable, smartphone etc) in the car while attending Devoxx!
Follow us on Twitter for real-time updates.
Like us on Facebook and receive more detailed information about the different Devoxx editions and general updates.
You can subscribe to our Newsletter to receive the latest updates on our event.
You can download the Devoxx logos here.
Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers at our conference are required to agree and follow our code of conduct.
Cancellations, substitutions, and refunds Policy
Cancellation of your Devoxx conference registration for any reason, must be received in writing and sent to our registration department via email [email protected] For a full refund (minus 25 Euro admin costs), notification must be received by July 31st 2019. During August 2019, a 50% refund will be given. No refunds will be made after September 1st 2019. No credits are given for late notices or no shows. Registrants may send a substitute attendee if written notice is received prior to the conference. Conference planners reserves the right to rescind any registration and in that event will return 100% of the registration fee.
Finding your way to the Metropolis
- Coming from Gent / St-Niklaas (E17 / E34-West). After the Kennedy-tunnel, keep driving past Antwerpen-Centrum, Antwerpen-Zuid, and Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Brussels (A12-Zuid). After driving over the viaduct Boomsesteenweg and the Bevrijdings-tunnel, you will find yourself on the Ring around Antwerp. Follow it towards Nederland. Drive past Antwerpen-Zuid, and Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Brussels / Mechelen (E19-Zuid). Follow the Ring around Antwerp in the direction of Nederland. Drive past Antwerpen-Oost. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from Hasselt / Turnhout (E313 / E34-Oost). Follow the Ring around Antwerp in the direction of Nederland. At Antwerpen-Noord (E19), keep driving towards Nederland and follow Antwerpen Singel to the A12-Noord. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) en follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Coming from the Netherlands (E19-Noord / A12-Noord). Follow the A12 in the direction of Nederland. Leave the A12 at exit 16 (Ekeren) and follow direction Singel. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Easier route when coming from the Netherlands: Stay on the E19. Follow the signs “Antwerpen Centrum”. Take exit 1 (N129, Merksem). Go right when you get off the highway (direction Antwerpen). Now go straight, you’ll find Metropolis at your right hand side about 500m from the exit.
- Coming from Antwerp Center. Follow Singel, driving North. At Groenendaalpoort, turn left. You will see Metropolis at your right when arriving at the Groenendaalpoort.
- Metropolis is accessible by tram. The tram runs from the south of the city, via the central station – route. Please note that the tram runs underground in the city center. Tickets, and a 3 or 5 day pass, are available on the underground platform. The destination for Metropolis is ‘Luchtbal’ – tram 6, exit Kinepolis.
- For those staying in the Holiday Inn Express or Docklands hotels, bus 31 is recommended. Also buses 123 and 7xx.